Footage of NSW Police Breach of Public Health Orders Arrest

Distressing footage has emerged out of NSW of an incident involving NSW Police and members of the public at a suburban home.

From the information I’ve been able to source, police were tipped off of that two men near the property were not wearing a mask in an outdoor setting by a member of the public. The men were then followed to a property by police, where one man was arrested outside, whilst the other man went in to what is believed to be his family home. Police have then entered the premises, leading to a altercation with members within the family home.

I’ve included footage of NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller being asked by the media a few days prior to step up door to door compliance checks, which the Commissioner confirmed would be happening. This footage provides an insight into how these police checks can become distressing incidents for the community, particularly as it is occurring within a family home.

Is this type of policing warranted over face masks?

Update Statement from NSW Police with their version of events:
Two men have been charged and $10,000 cash seized following an incident in Sydney’s south west at the weekend.
About 11.10pm on Saturday (31 July 2021), officers from Auburn Police Area Command’s Proactive Crime Team were patrolling Mclean Street, Auburn, when they approached a Nissan R50, which was parked illegally with two men sitting inside and the internal light on.
The driver and passenger – aged 29 and 28 – exited the vehicle before the younger man fled on foot.
One officer detained the older man, while another officer pursued the younger man on foot, running into the backyard of a house on Mary Street.
When the male constable attempted to speak to the man, two male occupants of the home – aged 31 and 60 –approached the officer in an aggressive manner and threatened him.
The officer requested the men step back on multiple occasions, which they failed to do, before the officer deployed OC spray.
During the altercation, the officer backed out of the property and the gate was closed on him by the occupants, before being forced back open by police a short time later. During this time, it’s alleged the 28-year-old man fled the property.
The younger male occupant was arrested, while the older man was spoken to along with a number of other occupants.
Following further inquiries, including a search of the Nissan, police located $10,000 cash, which has been seized for further examination.
The 31-year-old man was charged with intimidate police officer in execution of duty, resist officer in execution of duty and resist or hinder police officer in the execution of duty.
He was granted conditional bail to appear at Burwood Local Court on Thursday 26 August 2021.
The 28-year-old man was arrested the following day (Sunday 1 August 2021) at Auburn Police Station.
He was charged with resist officer in execution of duty, not comply with noticed direction re section 7/8/9 – COVID-19 and fail to comply with any other wear face covering directive.
The man was refused bail and appeared at Burwood Local Court today (Monday 2 August 2021), where he was granted conditional bail to appear at the same court on Monday 13 September 2021.
The 29-year-old man was issued two $1000 Penalty Infringement Notices for breaches of the Public Health Orders.
Investigations into the incident are continuing.

You can skip to 1:30 minutes in the video to see the video in full without my commentary.

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
You May Also Like